Visiting Animal Ark in Sparks Nevada

Here was a video of me visiting Animal Ark near Reno Nevada last summer


Notes about the video:

Last July, I went on a 2.5 week trip where I flew to Redmond Oregon, met up with my parents, and a few days later, we visited my Godmother (Aunt Linda) in the Sparks area Nevada, along with her brother Jim Pierce.  Intitially, my parents and I stayed at Jim and Debbie's house (Debbie is Jim's wife) in the Sparks suburbs while we helped Linda move into a new development near the Bordertown vincinity (desert region right along the California / Nevada desert).  Anyways, one day while I was there (after helping Linda move into her new home), we all visited Animal ark.  It is sorta like Northwest Trek (at least in the way), but it is out in the Nevada desert.  Above are the videos and pictures I took from the wildlife park.  By the way, there is another zoo relatively closeby too, but we only did animal ark.  On a side note, elsewhereo n the trip, I also saw some skunks (Redmond Oregon as well as near Placerville, California), gray foxes (Placerville area), deer, raccoons, and jackrabbits. 

Few notes about the park:
- place is right out in the middle of the Nevada desert.  Lots of desert scenery.  By the way, there were signs warning about rattlesnakes, so one does have to watch where they step
- saw bears, jaguars, cheetahs, tigers, owls, falcons, vultures, turtles, raccoons, wolves (these guys are not native to Nevada), kit foxes, red foxes (their "red foxes" are actually silver foxes), coyotes, and others.
- my family and I (along with Linda) rented a golf cart while we were there.  People can opt to rent golf carts over driving and tour the park that way.  If I had more time, I probably would have opted to walk, but we had plans later that day and and could only stay at Animal ark for so long, hence the golf cart. 
- Interestingly, initially the silver foxes were sleeping, but one woke up and came out to "say hi" before going back to sleep (probably accidently woke one of the foxes up when I tried to get a better angle of them with my camera).  By the way, silver foxes can be a common sight on San Juan Island (especially in the American camp and South Beach area).  Sure there are traditional red foxes on San Juan Island as well, but I also tend to the see silver foxes as well there.  They are technically red foxes, but their appearance are different (dark silver coat, and their tails are black with white tips on them).  By the way, the Sierra Nevadas are relatively close to Reno to the west and like the cascades, the sierras also have their own mount fox species: sierra nevada red foxes.  I can't say I have encountered either the cascade nor sierra nevada red foxes first han, but they are out there.

Comments