Latest sightings on the Fox Web cams at Simon King Wildlife - new videos too

As you probably know, I have been watching the web cams at www.simonkingwildlife.com and finally started a new approach when I have sightings to share.  In the past, I merely took screen shots of the sightings and shared them that way, but now I have a way to get video of the sightings (using the screencastify app in Chrome).  Shows the animals in action when I see them.  Here are the first several sightings I have had that I got videos of.   This will probably be my new approach when it comes to getting screen shots of sightings.  Note these sightings are all ones I have personally had and if any of you have been watching the cameras as well, I would love to hear from you on your experiences and sightings:

Badger Fox Feeder Cam sightings (mostly badgers, though occasionally you might see a red fox or two every now and then):

Here is a video of a badger in action - at one point a fox and another badger both make a cameo appearance too.

Here is a red fox I saw on this camera.  They are not as common as the ones on the fox family camera (you are more likely to see a badger than a fox on the badger fox feeder camera), but foxes do make appearances sometimes, like this guy does.  Though he seems to get scared off by one of the badgers.  Short sighting.  This guy was moving around alot and would occasionally run off too.  I can't hear audio from the cameras, so I have no idea what they are hearing or seeing besides the web cam and other animals (like the badgers).


Here is another badger in action



Here is a hungry badger scavenging for food.  I can't say I have seen a badger in the wild personally (besides the ones on the web cams as well as the ones in zoos like Northwest Trek), but I have seen a few foxes in the wild (most recently the ones on San Juan Island).


Fox Family Cam Sightings (https://www.simonkingwildlife.com/fox-family-cam/).  


On the Fox Family cam, the primary animals seem to be red foxes, though you may also see mice, squirrels, and birds (sometimes a black cat too, though I haven't gotten a screen shot of it yet).  Haven't seen any badgers yet on the fox family cam (they seem to be more common on the other one).  Foxes can be hit and miss.  Sometimes they are there and sometimes they are not, but if you are patient and check the cameras often (especially after dark, London time), you are likely to see these guys sooner or later. 

Here is a fox feeding as usual.  I like how sometimes the camera will zoom in on these guys when they are around (not that I know who is manning the camera).  Towards the end of the video, the fox looks at the camera before running off.  

Below is a hungry fox feasting on the food put out by the owner of the garden.  I should try putting out some meat by my trail cam sometime when it gets dark and see if any coyotes or bobcats respond (though I have attracted stellar jays, squirrels, rabbits, and even opossums trying that sometimes).



Here is a short video of one of the foxes eating and then running off.  Something off camera seems to get the fox's attention as he kept looking behind him.  One thing I have learned about red foxes is that they seem to get spooked pretty easily (like the ones I saw on San Juan Island).  Doesn't seem to take much to scare them off.



Here is a short video featuring both a badger on the badger fox feeder camera and a fox on the fox family camera.  Sometimes you can get activity on both cameras, though it can be tricky keeping up with both at the same time.



Here is another closeup video I got of one of the foxes.  The background audio was from my parents watching the news.  Forgot to turn off the speaker when doing the video.  Short sighting.  The fox was eating his food and something seemed to get his attention.  I have no idea what may have spooked it, though there are other foxes present in the area (seen more than one fox on some occasions in the past).  



These are all of the sightings I have for now to share.  Will start getting video of sightings I have.  Makes the sightings more entertaining and shows the animals in action (especially foxes and badgers).  Have any of you been watching the cameras?  Feel free to share your sightings and experiences in the comments section below.

Sponsored links section  


curious about wildlife in your own back yard?  Consider getting a trail cam or web cam for Christmas.  Great if you live in an area rich with wildlife (like living near a forest, rural settings, etc).

Comments