Modest Mouse - Coyotes

I thought that this video was interesting.  It is a music video showing a coyote getting on the max train (light rail) in Portland Oregon and was riding around in it.  I normally see coyotes out in the country side (my backyard gets coyotes too sometimes as indicated from my trail cams), but seeing them in the city is definitely an unusual sight.  Had to be something for the passengers on the train when the saw it.  On a side note, back in April, me and my family visited Washington DC and actually rode the subway on at least 2 of the days we were there (stayed at the Navy Lodge in Bethesda as my dad was a retired naval officer and took the subway into the downtown area).  I am not sure if they get coyotes, but they do seem to get red foxes (saw a video of one in the National Mall area for example).  Seattle doesn't have a subway, but they are slowly putting in a light rail (though it will be years before it gets extended all the way to the everett area, where I live) and have a sounder train (haven't tried either though).  I usually just have to drive into the city from where I live. 


Bonus footage: National Mall Fox - in this video some dude had a brief encounter with a red fox at the national mall area in Washington DC.  The fox looked at the guy and ran off, though he seems to be a regular there.  If I go to Washington DC area again (long ways from Seattle though), one evening I should go by the national mall area armed with my night vision monoculars (like binoculars but they let you see in the dark as well as record snapshots and/or videos of animal sightings you have) and see if I can have a sighting as they don't seem to be out during the day when I was there.


Sponsored links section



Featured ads from Amazon

Comments