Talking to Foxes - How to Mimic and Attract Foxes During the Mating Season

Here is an interesting video, posted by simon king wildlife.  The guy shows how you can "call out" to red foxes during their mating season.  I am not sure if we get foxes here in Snohomish (usually they come in the form of coyotes where I live), but in places like England and various parts of North America where foxes are common, you might be able to hear foxes at night during the winter season.  This time of year is in the middle of their mating season, where a male fox seeks out a vixen (female fox) to mate with and they can be quite vocal too (like their vixen screams).  I'd have to try the approach sometime if I visited an area where foxes are common and I hear them.  In spring season (like around April), the vixens usually give birth to fox kits which you might be able to see coming out of their dens.  On a side note, I can't say I have tried this method before, but I could try it sometime if I can find a place here in Washington State where foxes are common (besides Mt Rainer or San Juan Island).


Sponsored links section



Comments