Sierra Nevada Red Fox in Oregon 2013

Check this out: here is a trail cam video I stumbled across on via Youtube showing these sierra nevada red foxes near Mount Hood in Oregon.  Like the cascades here in Washington, Oregon and California both seem to have their own mountain fox species as well, namely the sierra nevada red foxes.  Not sure how they compare with cascade red foxes or the lowland types (though they might be a bit smaller than the lowland ones), but apparently they are rare in the Oregon cascades and most people don't see them.  I guess trail cams can be useful for finding more elusive animals, like cougars, bears, lynx, and even red foxes.  Have any of  you seen sierra nevada or cascade red foxes?  Feel free to share your experiences?  I can't say I have seen the sierra nevada kinds first hand, but I have seen them on videos.



Sponsored links section

Comments