coyote feeding frenzy

Twas the night before Christmas.  Nothing was stirring, not even a... coyote (yes a coyote did make an appearance on Christmas eve).  Check it out.  Got about a good 7 minutes worth of footage of this guy.



Commentary about the video

So on Christmas eve (Sunday), I had my trail cam set up (now have 2 trail cams as of December 25 which I will be checking regularly), attached to a big rock in my back yard, looking towards the woods.  My mother had some bread crumbs and apple slices to feed to the birds and squirrels and I decided to put them in front of my trail cam and see what eats it, and to my suprise the next day, this coyote came by (though there could be more than one, though one out is at a time) and proceeded to eat the food.  Tried similar experiments before (like putting out a box full of meat, dog food, cheese and eggs), but didn't get coyotes coming by those times.  But when I put out some apples and bread, this hungry coyote came by.  My camera got lots of footage and stills of this guy.  Sometimes he goes off camera only to come back shortly later.  I probably won't want to do this every day (don't want to habituate the coyotes), but the footage I got was pretty impressive.  Bobcats and coyotes seem to be the most common of the predators I get in my yard and do see them from time to time on my trail cam.

Want a web cam for your own back yard?  Get one at Amazon (affiliate)

Have you ever considered getting a trail cam for your own back yard?  Check out these trail cams on Amazon.com

Comments