Opossum gets the eggs, plus a deer and rabbit sighting. Strange howling...




Also, here is the video results from earlier in the day:

Here are the results from my trail cam from last night.  I had some raw eggs left over from the night before and placed them in plain sight in front of the camera, and sure enough one of the opossums got the eggs.  Few notes about the videos:
- Other animals sighted includes a buck deer and a rabbit.
- I am aware of the weird static noise in the back ground.  However, I have no idea what is causing it, though I remember some of the stellar's jays (aka blue jays) got a little rough with the camera the day before, so that might have been a factor.  Also, it was foggy out and the static noise seemed to get worse when the fog set in (not sure if that is the cause, but it is a possibility).
- Strange howling noise: if you listen closely later on in the video, you can hear some strange howling noise in the back ground.  It had me scratching my head and I am not really sure what would be causing it.  2 animals that I can think of are 1) it could be a cougar/mountain lion in the distance and 2)Bigfoot?  The howling noise seemed similar to alleged bigfoot screams and came late at night when bigfoots tend to be active.  I am an open minded skeptic on sasquatches (never seen one myself), but the howling noise was quite strange and sasquatch definitely comes to mind when reviewing the footage.  Or it could be some dogs or coyotes in the distance (though the howling noise didn't quite sound like a typical coyote howl).  I don't know what it was for sure, but something was out howling late at night, though interestingly the opposum didn't seem to get spooked by the howling noise.  It is worth pointing out.  BTW, if you know what the howling noise could be, feel free to leave a comment.

Comments