Camera trap results night one

As I posted yesterday, I had finally set up my new game camera trap and last night I did get some results.  Set up the camera near the tool shed near the back of my yard (probably one of the more secluded spots in the yard at night)

Sighting 1: Neighbor Dog hank


My neighbor has a black lab named hank and he came by.  My dog was sleeping otherwise he would have probably been barking.  He does wander into the yard sometimes.

Sighting 2: Coyote

The video was rather brief, but it did seem to pick up on a coyote.  Officially marks my second time seeing a coyote in my own back yard this year (the first time happened about 2 weeks ago with a coyote walking through my back yard even with the back porch light on).  Interestingly, I can often hear them howling at night (not every night, but every so often you can hear them howling, usually at night).  Heard them howling 2 nights ago (was drinking a "three wise men" cocktail on the porch and heard them howling).

sighting 3: big cat (maybe a cougar)

Saw what looked like a big cat wandering by.  While my father thinks it may have been some wild cat, it looked like it could be a small cougar or even a bob cat.  On a side note, besides cougars in zoos (like the ones at Northwest Trek), I have never personally seen a cougar in the wild, so if this is indeed a cougar it would be my first time seeing a wild cougar.  Not 100% sure if it is a cougar or not, but it definitely seems like it could be one (seems to big to be an ordinary or feral cat).


sighting 4: rabbits


It wasn't much of a suprise to see some rabbits on camera.  Even saw some as I was setting up the camera.

The camera snapped a few other photos and videos, but those extra ones were inconclusive.

Note: these photos all happened withing the last 24 hours.  Will be sure to set up the camera again today and see about getting more sightings.  So far, 4 results is pretty nice.

Comments