Latest Red Fox sightings screen shots on the Fox Family web cam

Two red foxes in action on the Fox Family web cam.  This was a unique sighting I had as there is usually only one fox present at a time, but this time around, there were 2 of them.
In some of my previous posts, I have been talking about some fox web cams I stumbled across on at the Simon King Wildlife website (see http://www.simonkingwildlife.com/) and have been watching them almost daily and I find that they can be entertaining to watch at times as sightings do occur every so often.  These web cams give you a really good chance to see these otherwise very elusive creatures (besides the ones on the web cams, I have only seen 2 red foxes in the wild myself to date). In this post I will share the many fox sightings I have had on the "fox family" web cam.  This is the web cam that is set up in someone's garden near London England (wouldn't know the family or where exactly they live) and records all of the animal activities almost 24/7.  Usual animals you are likely to encounter includes: various birds, squirrels, mice, black cats (yes I have seen some black cats on the camera) and even a few resident red foxes too.  The foxes are most active at night (though I have had a few sightings in daytime hours too, usually in the early evening London time, morning Seattle time).  Usually there is one that appears randomly, though sometimes you may encounter 2 of them at a time.

Below are the many different sightings I have had first hand (I usually get screen shots of sightings I want to share):

Here is a daytime sighting of a fox looking almost right at the camera.  While the vast majority of fox sightings occur at night, you may encounter some during the day when viewing the cam (especially morning and/or late afternoon hours London time).

This fox was trotting around in the garden.  I also remember he (I wouldn't know the genders of the foxes, so I will call them "he" for now as generic) eventually curled up and took a map in the moat area too.

Another daytime sighting of a fox in the garden (this one happened in the morning today around 9 am Seattle time, 5pm London time).

Here is a fox eating out of a dish.  I think the home owners put out food for the foxes (though other hungry animals might eat them too, like a black cat I saw, not pictured).  By the way, I have seen the foxes hunting mice in the garden too (you are likely to see mice too running around, especially at night) and even caught one too on at least one occasion (not pictured).

Another fox entering the garden area.  If you look closely, you can make out a white tipped tail.

If you look closely you can see a fox curled up in the grassy area in the garden.

Here is a night time fox looking almost directly at the camera from by where the dish is.

Here is a hungry fox eating food in the dish.  Bear in mind other animals will eat out of the dish too, like mice, squirrels, and even black cats too

Here is a closeup screen shot I got of one of the foxes. He looks somewhat like a coyote to me (even though he is really a fox), not sure if England gets coyotes or not (like America does).

Another fox looking for food.  Note the white tip on the tail.

This fox was wandering around from the left (btw the usually leave from the left too)

Here is two foxes in the garden.  Usually there is only one fox present at a time, but sometimes you may see 2 or more together too.  

Aw, these 2 foxes seem to be feeding together almost like buddies.
Well, those all of the sightings I have worth sharing for now (I've had other sightings too, but there would be too many pictures to share if I got all of them).  Curious on where you can see the foxes?  You can view the web cam at http://www.simonkingwildlife.com/page/live-cams/fox-family-cam-966.  If you are patient when watching the cameras, you are likely to have sightings of these resident red foxes.  I actually live in the Seattle area myself, so there is about an 8 hour time difference between where I live and where the cameras are set up (when it is noon here, it is 8 pm there).  

Tips and notes about viewing the cameras:
- The foxes are usually most active at night (London time), so be sure to check the cameras anytime after dark (London time) for the best chances to see them.  They can come out in the day too (as I found out), especially in the early morning hours or in the late afternoon / evening hours.
- I can't guarantee sightings every time as they tend to be hit and miss.  Sometimes the foxes are there, sometimes, they are not.  Usually if you check back often and are patient, you are likely to see a fox sooner or later.  I usually keep a tab open when browsing the web and check back on the cameras every now and then and every now and then I will see a fox or two.
- Be sure to take a screen shot whenever you see the foxes and want to share your sightings.  By the way, sightings usually tend to be short as the fox usually wanders off after a few minutes (though some sightings can last longer than others and shorter than others).  When they do appear, they can be interesting to watch.
-  Occasionally you have to replay the camera (when it stops).  Sometimes you can get infinite loading bars too (usually the best remedy is to refresh the web page).
- be sure to watch for other resident animals too, such as squirrels (especially during the day), mice, birds, and even a stray black cat too.

Disclaimer:
I don't own the web cams nor am I affiliated with the Simon King Wildlife people in any ways.  Never even been to England myself.  If you have any questions, comments or concerns you can always reach out to the web masters there.

Do you have a sighting you want to share?  Be sure to share them in the comments sections below. Simon King is a pretty unique website and it is not every day you can see live red foxes in action like you can on these web cams.  Normally foxes are not easy to find in the wild and if you are seeing red foxes in the wild regularly consider, yourself lucky as they are not usually easy to find or spot and to date, I have only seen 2 of them in the wild myself (once in Wisconsin and once near Monroe Washington).  

Comments