Red Wolves at the Point Defiance Zoo in Tacoma

Here is a series of videos I did showing off the red wolves at the Point Defiance Zoo.  While the woodland park zoo has the traditional grey wolves, the point defiance zoo has the red wolves.  They are somewhat smaller than grey wolves and can even resemble coyotes too.  In this video, I show off the wolves and even listen in on the zookeeper talk of the animals.  Interestingly here in Washington, we don't get red wolves in the wild, though we do get coyotes.  I have heard that there are grey wolves too in the wild here in Washington, but I have yet to see one in the wild and I understand they are more prevalent in eastern Washington (particularly near the Spokane area) and probably in the mountains too (like in North Cascades National Park).  But, if you want to see wolves, you can't miss them at your local zoo.


Comments