Whales Surprise Surfer Near Santa Cruz, California Beach (VIDEO)



Here is a whale of a tale from Santa Cruz, California.  Can't you imagine if you were in this video.  You are surfing or kayaking and all of the sudden, a humpback whale lunges to the surface and swallows a bunch of fish nearby?  By the way, I wonder if you hear about more incidents like this one?  I actually saw some humpback whales myself back in 2010 during my Alaska Cruise, though they weren't too close to the cruise ship, though I have heard that during the the Whale watching expedition near Juneau, some of the whales were feeding pretty close to the boats as well (though I wasn't there, went to the Mendenhall Glacier instead).  By the way, I am not really sure if a humpback whale could swallow a person despite their huge mouths since their throats are so small (at least that is what I've read about them).  By the way, this could be a good mythbusters myth: could a whale actually swallow a person?  What do you think of this story?

Comments