Featured Ads from Adhitz. See ads that interest you? Feel free to click on them

This blog is sponsored by Petsmart and Adhitz
Feel free to help support this site by visiting my sponsors, extra ad revenue would be most appreciated
PetSmart

Friday, December 12, 2014

Update on the job at Wet Noses

On my last post, I said I was getting a new temporary full time job at Wet Noses.  It is basically a company that makes and sells dog treats to customers and retailers.  For my job, I was doing several things including:
- helping to pack boxes
- putting tags on things
- wrapping things
- Putting together boxes
etc

Well, I was there for about a week and long story short, I found out that I was let go from the job last night.  I remember from some of my coworkers that they hire on temps but they usually keep some on full time while others they get rid of and sadly I didn't make the cut.  I did pretty well with most of the tasks I did, but like most people I did have my strengths and weaknesses.  Anyways, I think there was a station I was doing that I was weak at (namely the one where you have to wrap these "muffins" on a stick, or whatever they are called).  They showed me how to do it, but it was trickier to do than it looked and I think that trippmed me up there (I guess they are expecting everyone to be perfect at all of the stations there).  So despite my best efforts, I did not make the cut (got a call last night from my recruiter that I was going to be "let go" from the position).  On the positive note, now I do have some extra time to make new posts.

By the way, have any of you had jobs that you hated or didn't go so well for you?