Trail Cam Results October 8 to October 10

Sorry it has been a while since my last post on my trail cam results.  Went to San Juan Island yesterday (took the 9:30 am ferry) and had to get out early to catch the ferry in time (did see some wildlife there, including some red foxes).  Anyways, here are some of my latest catches.

Here is my dog, Tucker.  He wandered by where my camera is set up
Saw this rabbit on camera.  We do seem to have some families of rabbits residing in my back yard.  They are definitely a common sight in my back yard


Another rabbit on video:



*****Sponsored Content from Petsmart********



*************************************************************************

Opossum caught on camera - been seeing some opossums at night too on my trail camera.  Pretty small animals, but the camera still picks up on them. 



Brief coyote sighting - you can briefly see this guy on the right side of the video


Oppossum sighting
Black Lab on camera (my neighbor's dog Hank).  I have noticed that my neighbor's dog tends to wander over towards the shed in my yard sometimes.  Here is a video of the dog snooping around as usual.  Might be picking up on the scents of oppossums, rabbits or even coyotes.  Interestingly, my dog seems to be unphased by Hank when he comes by at night (normally in the day, Tucker would be barking if he sees the other dog coming into the yard).


*********Sponsored Content From Fye*********
***************************************************

Another coyote on camera.  Not sure if coyotes attack big dogs like labs, but dogs definitely have to be wary of coyotes in the area (especially small dogs).  Interestingly, this sighting occured about 30 minutes after the black lab Hank came by.  Had Hank been there 30 minutes later, he would have encountered this coyote.  Interestingly, this coyote seems to hang around a bit and sniffing around (may be on to something)

Saw this squirel on camera.  Funny thing is near the end of the video, he seems to run towards the camera (maybe thinking someone is there, even though I was gone all day yesterday, viewing foxes on San Juan Island)
Had a night time sighting of a rabbit
Other sightings includes: Hank again (seems to be a regular over by the shed), another coyote (gets really close to the camera too), and another rabbit.  A few times, the camera went off, but nothing was there (couldn't see what was there).

**********Advertisement from Vudu**************
vudu.com

Here are some observations from my captures so far:
- My neighbor's dog Hank (black lab) is a regular in the area.  Interestingly, my dog doesn't seem to be phased by Hank's visitations at night.  He seems to be sniffing around (so he might be sensing something, like squirels, rabbits, or even the feral cat I see sometimes).
- We do seem to have a resident coyote (maybe more than one) in the neighborhood.  Though I suppose it is not much of a suprise.  After all, I do live in a rural part of Snohomish (Dutch Hill vincinity) and my house backs up to a forest, so coyotes and probably be expected.  Definitely have to be careful letting my dogs out at night (especially Angel the shih tzu).
- Rabbits frequent the area along with squirels
- Had my first bobcat sighting on camera last week (actually had 2 sightings that day: one on camera and the other with my own eyes).  The other sighting happened when I was having a drink on my deck (made a moscow mule drink) and saw a bobcat wander right through the yard.  Interestingly the camera didn't pick up on the other bobcat.
- There seems to be a feral cat that might be living under the tool shed (seen that a few times and in at least one video it actually goes under the shed).
- Finally got some opossums on camera
- Interestingly, sometimes the camera goes off, but nothing seems to be there.  Not sure what causes those ones, but it seems like there may be some animals not seen on camera that are in the area.  There could be some surprises in store over time.  Could they be bears? Cougars? Red Foxes (my dad thinks he may have seen a fox retreating into the woods once last year, though at least he saw the tail)?  On a side note, I did see a cross phased red fox near Monroe last December (so they may be present in some areas, though there are coyotes in my neighborhood so foxes are probably scarce as a result).  Did have more fox sightings yesterday on San Juan Island too (saw at least 8 foxes there, mostly silver foxes with the occasional regular red foxes).  Only time will tell what all I get.  Interestingly, winter is fast approaching (only 2 months away) so it will be interestingly to see how colder weather (affects things on my camera, especially when it snows again). 

Will check the camera trap again on Thursday.  Stay tuned for more revelations.

Comments