A Memorial for the100 Slaughtered Sled Dogs in Whistler BC, WTF Moments

Here is a wtf moment in the animal world.  If you had perfectly healthy dogs and didn't want to keep them anymore, would you shoot them (or otherwise euthanise them)?  I know I would try to give the dogs away.  However, apparently a Sled Dog company in Canada did just that.  In this video is a memorial for the dogs that were euthanised.  Warning:  this video is sad and if you are sensitive to things like that, don't feel like you have to watch them.



Also, you can read more about the incident at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whistler_sled_dog_cull



That video was sad wasn't it?  Long before Teddy, Angel and now Tucker, I remember my family had a dog once that we weren't able to raise(a springer spaniel named, Crocket) and he proved to be too much for my family, and so we ended up giving him away to another family.  But to kill dogs you don't need anymore, that is just messed up pal.  Thought I would share it.  By the way, what are your thoughts on the story?  Would you give your dogs away if you don't need them anymore.  I am sure even in Canada, there are people that probably would have loved to take the dogs off their hands if they didn't want them anymore.

Comments