Tucker the Golden Retriver on Trail Cam, Last videos of Tucker

Yeah, it's official.  My golden retriever Tucker passed away on Monday November 27, 2017.  He was well over 10 years old when he died.  As a tribute to him, I thought I would share these videos I got of him on my trail cam over the last few months (since early October).  Will definitely miss him now that he is gone.



Commentary:

My dog Tucker passed away last Monday and will greatly be missed.  Long story short, he was diagnosed with cancer back in June (which was also why the Grand Canyon camping trip got cancelled), and was basically under a death sentence since then.  On the positive note, he lived longer than his predecessor Teddy (he was just short of his 10th birthday when he died, while Tucker was well over 10 years old when he died) and we were able to get treatment for Tucker, which helped extend his life at least through November (the vet thought he would have to be put down sometime in August, but he ended up living till near the end of November before passing away).  I thought it would be nice to show those videos of him from my trail cam.

Also: Facebook Album - here are some pictures I had of Tucker on Facebook (they are not every picture I have of him, but will add to it over time now that he is gone).  Check it out:

Other videos of Tucker:


 
You can find more videos of Tucker at https://www.youtube.com/user/ryansjones/videos?disable_polymer=1 and at my other channel https://www.youtube.com/user/tuckerandangel

Future as a dog owner:

Tucker's death will definitely be a change in my family.  Over the last 20 years, I lived with 2 different golden retrievers (first Teddy and later Tucker), so that will probably be the end of having a golden retriever for now.  I still have one other dog, Angel the bichon frise shih tzu, though she is 12 years old and is definitely getting up there in age, though I have heard that dogs like her can live up to 15 years old on average, so she may have a few more years to live, though not having a golden retriever "brother" will probably take some getting used to for her.  As for getting new big dogs is concerned, I don't really know if my family plans on getting any new large breed dogs in the near future.  If it were me, I still like the idea of getting a husky type breed (either a siberian husky like this guy I saw in Whistler below or an alaskan malamute, basically large versions of huskies).

Image may contain: outdoor
Here is a husky I saw at the Blackcomb village in Whistler (close to where Merlin's Bar is and right by where the chair lifts are).  Isn't he cute?
However, I have heard that huskies can be quite the handful to raise (more headstrong than golden retrievers too) to raise and plus nobody else in my family wants one, so it is unlikely I will be getting one in the near future (would probably have to be making significantly more money than I am now and get my own place before that can really become a possibility, unless if other people in my family want one too).  We could eventually get new golden retriever (like we did with Tucker a few months after Teddy died), but I know Tucker was definitely tougher to raise than Teddy was and much more head strong (for example, Tucker was the type that would pull on the leash when walked and also had an aggressive side to him that Teddy lacked, more likely to bark at strangers and other dogs than Teddy was) and my parents are getting older and have been getting "dogged out" over the years after 20+ years of owning dogs, so it could be years before we do get another golden retriever.  Though I have noticed coyote activity seems to be increasing in my back yard after Tucker died and having big dogs like Tucker does seem to have a way of keeping them at bay, and sometimes suspicious people do come through the neighborhood from time to time, so they could reconsider eventually.  I don't really know what the future holds, but it will probably be a while before we get any new dogs.  BTW, there was a time where my family didn't have a dog (years prior to getting Teddy), so going without new dogs for a while is not too far fetched either. 
 
Sponsored links section

Comments