Bobcat, Lynx, and Cougar (aka Mountain Lion) at Northwest Trek

Check it out: bobcats, lynx and cougars at Northwest Trek








Well, I finally made it to Northwest Trek once again in October (marked my 4th and probably final time going there for this year unless if I decide to go for the Winterfest event they have).  While I was there, I managed to get footage of the big cats there.  They have cougars, lynx, and bobcats.  Tried to get video of the lynx with my go pro when I was there during the summer, but they weren't close enough for the go pro to pick them up.  In October, I brought my digital camera (which has better zooming capabilities) and was able to zoom in and film them.  Also got a video of one of the cougars (aka mountain lions) there too.  The cougars are probably the hardest animals to spot at Northwest Trek (definitely moreso than the coyotes and foxes in my opinion) but they can usually be seen near the back of their exhibit.  In this video, I got footage of one pacing around in his enclosure (probably waiting for his dinner).  They can be tricky to get pictures and video of since they don't stay still, so I did what I could there.  As for the bobcat, there was a zookeeper in the enclosure and she used a whistle to call out the bobcat and sure enough one of the bobcats came out right in front of the camera and did some tricks too.  Enjoy the video.  I can't say I have ever seen cougars or lynx in the wild before, but I have seen bobcats in the wild a few times (like the one I got on my trail cam earlier in October as well as one that I saw walking through the yard that following evening).

Sponsored Content from Uvioo (similar to Youtube)

FUNNY VIDEOS - TRY NOT TO LAUGH (CHALLENGE IMPOSSIBLE)


Comments