Went on a San Juan Island Adventure Yesterday. Saw whales, seals...and even foxes

You know ever since I have developed an interest in foxes last year, I have been wanting to visit the American Camp area on San Juan island.  The area is near the southern tip of the Island and mainly consists of prarie, bluffs, beaches, a light house and even an old fort area that you can visit.  It is also supposed to be a hotspot for red fox sightings.  And sure enough I visited San Juan Island yesterday (had the day off and finally got my opportunity to go there) and saw just about everything.  Visited the Whale Museum, had lunch in Friday Harbor (had pizza), visited Roche Harbor, explored the west side of the island (much more rugged than the east side, though you do get views of Vancouver Island in the distance at least on a clear day), and even visited the American Camp area.  And guess what, I even saw some red foxes too.  Here are the pictures I took and posted to Facebook:



I have to admit it was quite the trip.

Comments