Trail Camera Trap Results week 1

As you probably know, I recently got a new camera trap and these are the results (in tally format) I got last week:

Coyotes: 1 sighting (could get another sighting tonight as I saw 2 in the area on my way home, including one just down the hill from my house in a pasture)
Feral Cats: 2 sightings (same one though)
Rabbits: several (probably most common)
birds: several
Dogs: Black lab x 3 (neighbor's dog) and Golden Retriever (my dog).

Most memorable captures this week:

Coyote

My first night's results included this coyote right behind my shed.  Only seen him once on my trail cam so far.  Though I wouldn't be suprised if I get more coyote sightings over time (often hear them howling at night), plus I saw one just down the hill from my house tonight as I was driving home from work.
Wild Cat under the shed



My dad thought that there might have been an animal living under the shed and thought it might be an oppossum, but the videos above shows that there might actually be a feral cat living under the shed.  Will have to watch the shed area more closely to see if that is the case.  Could be a good timelapse video moment there.  At first I thought it was a cougar, but both my dad and my brother Justin think it is just a wild cat.  Though a true cougar sighting would definitely be a huge discovery should it happen.  Only time will tell if I have bears or cougars in my back yard.  But we do have wild cats like the ones in the video above.  On a side note, my advise to the cat: watch out for the coyote and 2 dogs (my golden retriever and the neighbor's black lab).

Last night the results were inconclusive (same goes when I set the camera up near Justin's fort earlier last week).  Right now, I've been checking the camera every day and have been experimenting on good locations to set it up, but eventually I will start doing it more on a once or twice a week type of deal.  BTW, winter is a few months away too, so it will be interesting to see if colder weather will yield more results (or if warmer summer weather is better for animal sightings).

Do you have a trail cam?  Feel free to share your results with them

Comments