Trail Cam results October 3-4

I checked my trail cam again this morning and caught some animals worth sharing about.  The night before, I didn't catch anything, so that is why I didn't post anything for October 2.  Anyways here are the results:

1. Several Rabbits like these 2 guys:





Rabbits are definitely a plenty in my back yard.  Interestingly, my golden retriever Tucker will chase after them sometimes.  




2. One opossum - caught this small opossum on camera last night.



3. A coyote (yes another coyote on camera)


This video officially marks my second time catching a coyote on my game camera.  He definitely seems to be a reoccuring resident in my back yard.  He may be onto the opossum I saw earlier on camera.  BTW, my shih tzu Angel definitely has to be careful when going out at night as it is pretty clear that we do get coyotes in our back yard every so often.  Probably should have gotten a game cam a long time ago to get a bigger idea on how many coyotes we get.

4. Bobcat - caught this bob cat on camera.



This guy was definitely a new discovery for me.  Have seen 2 bobcats in my yard in the past (was in my hot tub last time I saw one), but now I got a clear sighting of this guy on my game camera.  Not 100% sure if it is a bob cat or if it is actually a lynx (bigger than bobcats), but it was definitely a bobcat type animal.  On a side note (update): I was having a drink on my deck this afternoon and had another bobcat sighting.  It walked through my back yard and I got up to look at it and it noticed me and ran into the woods, though it did walk by where I have my game cam set up so hopefully I will have another sighting of it to share tomorrow.  I won't know for sure till tomorrow, but the camera should have picked up on it again.

Those are all of the main captures I got last night. 

BTW have you ever considered buying a trail/game camera for yourself?  You definitely would be suprised to see what kinds of animals you get in your back yard, especially if you live in a rural area or wooded environment.

Comments