Wild Inside Passage BC and Alaska and Haida Gwaii

You know, in almost 2 weeks from now, I am going on another cruise to Alaska this year and will mark my second time visiting that state (first time being back in 2010).  Alaska is pretty far north and is definitely ripe with lots of wildlife.  Hoping to get some animal sightings worth sharing while I am there.  For now, here is a video a fellow youtuber posted:









Animals I would like to see in alaska includes:

- Humpback Whales.  In fact, I signed up to go on the whale watching excursion in Juneau Alaska.  Hopefully I can get some good pictures of these huge whales.  Apparently humpbacks are the 5th largest species of whales in the world.  Saw a few humpbacks when I was in Alaska the first time

- Dolphins

- Orca whales.  Another common whale species in Alaska

- Minke whales

- Grey wolf.  I imagine Alaska would be a great place to look for wolves.  Lots of wilderness and having a sighting or 2 of these guys would be nice.  You know, one night on the cruise (probably either in the Skagway or Juneau legs of the cruise), I am considering hanging out on one of the decks and listen for wolves howling (like I did listening for coyotes howling last week when I was in Bend Oregon).  On a side note, I did hear some wolves howling when I was at Northwest Trek last month (was at the red fox exhibit when they started howling).

- Bears.  Apparently Alaska gets both grizzly and black bears.  Last time I was there, I saw a black bear near the Mendenhall Glacier in Juneau.  Maybe I will have another sighting.

- red foxes.  It would be great to see some red foxes while in alaska.  I have heard they can be abundant in Alaska.  Perhaps the White Pass Railroad excursion will be an opportunity to see some foxes.  Wouldn't be suprised if there are occasional fox sightings along the beaches there.

- eagles (though we do get eagles here in Washington too)

- Seals

and more.



I can't promise I will get photos of every animals above, but I will see what I can do.

Comments