Northwest Trek 2017

This spring, I finally managed to visit Northwest Trek not once, but twice.  The first time I went, I went with my parents, and on the second time, I went alone (one perk of going alone is that I more time and freedom to explore, plus spending more time at some of the exhibits, like I did at the red fox exhibit with the intent of getting footage of the foxes there, which I did too).
Photos from the first visit (the first set was taken with my Windows phone and the other was taken with my go pro)
:

The first time this year marked my first time visiting Northwest Trek in many years (though I do recall going there one other time back in 2008), though back then, I didn't have a smart phone or tablet.  Northwest Trek is not quite as big as say Woodland Park Zoo and can be a hike to get to from Snohomish (about a good 2 hour drive going south, assuming you take the freeways going there), but they are unique in several ways: an hour long tram ride that you go on where you can see elk, moose, bighorn sheep, deer, similar wildlife native to the pacific northwest, and they also have a more traditional zoo area (aka the walking tour) where you can see animals like: golden eagles, coyotes, mountain lions, red foxes, wolves, bears, bobcats, lynxes, and even raccoons.


Second visit (left my go pro at home, but took pictures an videos with my android tablet and windows phone):

Comments