GoPro Fetch Dog Harness Mount - Dog Chase Video

Here is another video on Youtube worth sharing.  Have you ever wondered what life is like in the perspective of a dog?  In this video, posted by Chris Voss, the guy puts a gopro fetch dog harnesss mount on one of this dogs (I think it is a red siberian husky named Abby) and lets the dog run around.  Meanwhile there is another husky (named Freya) in the video (black and white one) that doesn't seem to know what to make of the other dog's new gadget.  It was pretty interesting to watch.  Check it out...





Commentary:
I wish I had a gadget like that.  As you know I have 2 dogs myself and have always wondered what it would be like to view the world in the perspective of a dog.  By the way, the orange husky seemed to be pretty cooperative when it came to wearing the camera too.  I've tried making first person videos with Tucker (placing a flip camera or camera phone on his back) but he always shrugs it away.  I imagine that the camera can also be useful to have if you have dogs that are getting into trouble behind your back (like ones that jump the fence).

By the way, if you want a camera like the one in the video, you can probably find one at Amazon.com  Check this out:


By the way, some retailers also offer web cams that you can use if you want to spy on your dogs (such as if you want to keep an eye on them while they are home alone).  By the way, Pet Smart seems to offer a few cameras.  One I like (I haven't tried it yet, but it looks cool) is one that lets you view your pets via an app on a Motorola device:
picture of the motorola camera at petsmart
Picture of the Motorola Camera and viewing device at Petsmart

Pet smart offers several other varieties of cameras for your pets, but I liked that one the most.

Other commentaries about the video:
- I like how the other husky reacts to the video camera on the red husky's back.  He seems to get a little hyper and curious about the camera.
- The red one seems to have a little bit less energy than the black and white husky but the red husky does chase after the black one sometimes too.

By the way, have you tried any devices like these for your dogs?  Feel free to share your experiencess.  I wish I had a camera for my dogs, but I don't have the money for one.

Like this post?  Please be sure to "like" and share this with your friends.

Have comments to share?  Post it in  the commentary section.  By the way, do any of you have similar videos you want to share, please be sure to let me know and I will share it.  It was pretty innovative in my opinion.

Comments