Trip to Alaska Videos coming soon

Picture of me and my dad at the Red Onion Saloon in Skagway, Alaska

Back in August, I went on a cruise to Alaska via the Golden Princess for a whole week.  Highlights of the trip includes:
- being on a major cruise ship for the first time
- visiting Juneau, Ketchikan and Skagway
- Checking out the Tracy Arm Fjord
- Going on a sled dog tour at the Klondike Gold Fields Museum (it is actually cheaper there than it is to some of the excursions where you see sled dogs, such as the one on top of the Mendenhall Glacier near Juneau).  Note: the dogs are actually a hybrid breed known as Alaskan Huskies, not Siberian Huskies. It appears that Alaskan Huskies have become more popular among many mushers over sibes as they tend to be faster and more agile than Siberian Huskies. 
- Visting the Mendenhall Glacier.  I even saw a black bear while at the park
- Hanging out in Ketchikan (we mainly toured the shops while there).  It is also where I took a short video about a friendly, but obviously camera shy siberian husky I saw.
-  Being in Alaska for the very first time in my life
as well as plenty of highlights on the boat as well (such as hanging out in the Skywalker Lounge, listening to lectures about Alaska from guests like a naturalist as well as a veteran Iditrod Racer, etc )

Anyways, I am planning to post the videos I have taken from the cruise.  Note: not all of them are animal related, but there is lots of wilderness in Alaska (even in South East Alaska) and so, stay tuned for videos about Alaska in the near future.

Comments